The online conference web and mobile app are now available!
The conference agenda and mobile app will be updated as workshops are confirmed. Upon registration, look for your confirmation email for the event code to access the app and web portal. If you do not receive an email, contact your primary collegue who registered for the event.
July 20th – July 24th
Unsure how to use the new virutal platform?
Join us on July 15th at 2:00 p.m. for a walk through of the new virtual platform! This interactive meeting will show guests how to access the mobile app and web portals, how to access workshops, and interact with sponsors and other attendees. Register for the Walk Through today! Individual registration is required.
Who should attend?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve gone virtual! Community Action professionals, partners, sponsors, and OCA staff and leadership from across Ohio will join us at the 2020 Virtual Annual Summer Conference! This conference is appropriate for all staff levels within your agency including planners, board members, entry-, mid-, and senior management and staff, case managers, program staff, early childhood staff, and more. We hope the virtual platform will open the conference to more Community Action professionals than ever before!
Focused workshop tracks include:
- 21st Century Community Action: CAA leaders throughout Ohio worked with OACAA and CauseImpact to engage in zero-based planning to build better strategies to fight poverty. This track will guide you through a process that helps see past the limits, hurdles, and assumptions of your current situation to help you build strategies that move towards a cure for poverty.
- CAPLAW: CAPLAW is the national legal expert for the Community Action network. Through consultations, training and resources, the organization equips CAAs with the knowledge and tools to operate as accountable and effective change agents. CAPLAW also provides guidance to federal, state and national Community Action partners on legal and financial issues affecting CAAs.
- COVID-19: This unique track will address issues CAAs have encountered specifically related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Early Childhood Education: A variety of youth-specific programs operated at Community Action Agencies across Ohio and America. This track is dedicated to program staff working with early childhood education programs such as Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Human Resources: This track includes workshops covering pressing issues currently impacting CAA human resources departments throughout the network, including issues currently related to the pandemic.
- Social Determinants of Health: Social determinants of health are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work, and age and are mostly responsible for health inequities. This track will discuss the social processes that shaped these determinants and how CAAs can help achieve health equity.
The final conference schedule will be available within the mobile conference app and will be accessible upon registration. Sessions will be udpated as a priority. The schedule/agenda below is the most recent available as of 6/22/2020.
Monday, July 20, 2020
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Welcoming Session
9:30 am – 11:30 am: HR: Recruting in a remote/COVID-19 environment
9:30 am – 11:30 am: 21st Century: Building Better Strategies to Fight Poverty, Part One
9:30 am – 11:30 am: Early Childhood: Head Start and the Effects of COVID-19: “Our New Normal”
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: CAPLAW: Legal issues associated with reopening
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Social Determinants of Health: Implementing ideas to address health equity
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: COVID-19: Health insurance and the effect on COVID-19
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Welcoming Session
9:30 am – 11:30 am: HR: Paperless: How in the digital age can CAA use technology
9:30 am – 11:30 am: 21st Century: Building Better Strategies to Fight Poverty, Part Two
9:30 am – 11:30 am: Early Childhood: Toxis Stress and Brain Development
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: CAPLAW: Workplace stress and burnout legal issues
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Social Determinants of Health: Implementing ideas to address racial trauma, healing, and allyship
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: COVID-19: The effects of COVID-19 on retirement plans
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Plenary Session: Legislative Update with David Bradley
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Plenary Session: The Role of Community Action in Advancing Racial Equity
Thursday, July 23, 2020
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Plenary Session: Development Services Agency Update
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Plenary Session: Executive Director’s Roundtable
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: HR: Human Resources Roundtable
Friday, July 24, 2020
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Plenary Session: Session Title TBA
OACAA Member Rate: $100/per participant
Non-Member Rate: $130/per participant