Setting Expectations for Today’s Workforce
- Do employees REALLY have to show up to work on time?
- Can employees TELECOMMUTE whenever they want?
- Are there any rules at all anymore?
- What EXPECTATIONS do you have to set for today’s workforce?
- What does it mean to be FLEXIBLE … and is that a TWO-WAY STREET?
- What ROLE does the employee play in being flexible?
- Do employees know how to PLAN their schedules to ensure flexibility?
- What RULES do you have in place regarding flexibility?
- Do YOUNGER EMPLOYEES sometimes think DIFFERENT from YOU?
- How should you ORIENT employees to your organization … AND WHEN SHOULD YOUR ORIENTATION BEGIN?
- How must you change your CULTURE NOW to meet the DEMANDS OF TODAY’S WORKFORCE … and how do you SUSTAIN IT?
… and much, much more!
Join Scott as he walks you through how to set expectations, rules, and how to plan for your workforce in his own practical, entertaining and rubber hits the road style so you can start using this information IMMEDIATELY!
This is a virtual event available to OACAA members in good standing.
Please click on the blue button to the right to register.
Speaker: Scott Warrick
Scott Warrick, JD, MLHR, CEQC, SHRM-SCP (www.scottwarrick.com) is both a practicing Employment Law Attorney and Human Resource Professional with 40 years of hands-on experience. Scott uses his unique background to help organizations get where they want to go, which includes coaching and training managers and employees in his own unique, practical, entertaining, and humorous style.
Scott combines the areas of law and human resources to help organizations in “Solving Employee Problems BEFORE They Start.” Scott’s goal is NOT to win lawsuits. Instead, Scott’s goal is to PREVENT THEM while improving EMPLOYEE MORALE. Scott is also a TWO-TIME best-selling author. His first book, Solve Employee Problems Before They Start: Resolving Conflict in the Real World, is a #1 Best Seller for Business and Conflict Resolution. It was also named by EGLOBALIS as one of the best global Customer and Employee books for 2020-2021. Scott’s most recent book, Living The Five Skills of Tolerance: A User’s Manual For Today’s World, is also a #1 Best Seller in 13 categories, including Business Leadership, Educational Leadership, Minority Studies, Organizational Change, Religious Intolerance, Race Relations, and Workplace Culture, to mention a few.
Scott travels the country presenting seminars on such topics as Employment Law, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, and Tolerance, to mention a few. Scott’s MASTER HR TOOL KIT SUBSCRIPTION is a favorite for anyone wanting to learn Employment Law and run an HR Department. Scott has been named one of Business First’s 20 People To Know In HR, CEO Magazine’s 2008 Human Resources “Superstar,” a Nationally Certified Emotional Quotient Counsellor (CEQC) and a SHRM National Diversity Conference Presenter in 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012. Scott has also received the Human Resource Association of Central Ohio’s Linda Kerns Award for Outstanding Creativity in the field of HR Management and the Ohio State Human Resource Council’s David Prize for Creativity in HR Management.
Scott’s academic background and awards include Capital University College of Law (Class Valedictorian (1st out of 233) and Summa Cum Laude), Master of Labor & Human Resources, and B.A. in Organizational Communication from The Ohio State University.